1. The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer and for your in-person viewing/ordering appointment. It does not include any finished items or digital images. The session fee is due when your schedule your portrait session to reserve the time and date. Session fees are non-refundable, however with a 48-hour notice it can be rescheduled in case of an emergency.
2. If you have a sick person/child on the day of the session, please call to reschedule. If you try to keep the appointment, Jon Delano Photography may request that you reschedule if he notices a sick person/child. Sick or uncomfortable persons don’t like to be photographed and we know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if the persons were in good health.
3. Please bring only the subject to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with pets and kids, as Jon will need their full attention on him rather than looking at other members of the family. Of course parents are always welcome!
4. You agree to hold harmless, Jon Delano, his representatives, employees and Jon Delano Photography from any dispute in the event you become injured during your session or while on the studio premises. Jon Delano Photography and its representatives will not be held liable for any injury incurred by you or your family, or any damage to your property during the photo session or while on studio premises.
5. You will view your portraits at a personally attended slideshow and ordering appointment. You will be asked to order at this time. If you cannot decide which images to select the day of your ordering appointment, you are welcome to schedule another in-person viewing appointment for a $100 fee. Online galleries only issued with a Collection purchase or with a non-refundable image release deposit. If you still require an online gallery, one can be provided with a non-refundable $500 image release deposit which will go towards all orders placed within 7 days. If you do not place your order within 7 days your $500 image release deposit will be forfeited. All online images will be watermarked to prevent copyright infringement. All unordered images are purged after 30 days. After 7 days your gallery will be archived. There is a $50 fee to reload your gallery for 7 days once your gallery has expired.
6. While Jon does capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by him, the artist, for viewing. He carefully renders each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Images with eyes closed, heads turned, duplicates, etc. will not be shown and are removed from the archives permanently after the artist rendering is complete.
7. Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Payments may be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Payment plans are available upon request.
8. Design work and custom graphics will be approved for color and layout in-person on our professionally color calibrated monitors at the ordering appointment. Only font styles, spelling and wording may be approved through electronically emailed proof. Requests for reprints due to color shift on emailed proofs or images not matching a client’s un-calibrated monitor will not be honored.
9. Please allow 4 weeks for your order to be completed. Some orders may take longer. Your portraits are an investment and a heirloom that should not be rushed. You will be notified by telephone or e-mail when your order is ready for pickup. If you are unable to pick up your order, Jon Delano Photography can ship your order to you for an additional charge.
10. All ordered images are kept on file for a period of 1 year. Images not ordered are purged each fiscal quarter. Re-orders placed more than 60 days after the preview/ordering appointment; require a minimum $150 re-order.
11. After 90 days, Jon Delano Photography will discard any unclaimed prints or products after the first notification of completion of the order. Jon Delano Photography will not be responsible for orders left over 90 days.
12. The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving us the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Violations include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, printing from home or downloading from our website. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. Please understand, the photographer wishes to maintain complete control over the print quality, finishes and presentation of the images and any reproduction outside of the studio may lower the quality of the image and scar our reputation for providing superior portraits and products.
Usage of Images
Jon Delano is a professional artist and as such requests that the work he creates be allowed into art exhibits, displayed in his studio, print competitions and other places that his work may be featured. The work is always showcased in the best possible way and will never compromise or jeopardize the photographer’s hard earned reputation. Confidentiality in advertising is always maintained.
Digital Image Files & Copyright Acknowledgement
If purchased, Jon Delano Photography may choose to deliver Digital Image Files via DVD, USB Drive, or Digital Download. Images will be in JPEG format only. Original RAW files will not be released to clients under any circumstances. Jon Delano Photography retains full copyright on all images. You acknowledge Federal Copyright Laws and will not unlawfully scan, reproduce, download, print or alter any image unless given expressed permission via written release from Jon Delano Photography. Digital images may not be used for any commercial purpose without written consent.
Order Changes, Cancellations & Refunds
Due to the custom and digital/download nature of the work, all sales are final. Digital products or collection purchase which includes digital files may not be returned or cancelled or refund. Payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once order is sent to the lab and/or digital files are received via download, email notification or other media, it is deemed non-refundable.